Wednesday, May 16, 2007

"The Word Game" by Richard Sommer

by this time i am speaking to the reader
who has found his or her way somehow almost
to the end of this book.

anyone else can read this too,
but i am not really talking with them,
i am talking with people

who got here by a beautiful kind of patience
who got here by beautifully understanding
or who got here by a beautiful kind of anger,

listen, i have a suggestion for a game for you.
write a poem in twenty minutes,
like this one was.

don't leave poetry to the poets,
don't try to write a poem,
write one.

just pick up a pencil & write one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I inclination not agree on it. I regard as polite post. Especially the title attracted me to study the whole story.

Anonymous said...

Amiable dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.