Tuesday, May 8, 2007

"Flight One" by Gwendolyn MacEwen

Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen
This is your Captain Speeking.

We are flying at an unknown altitude
And an incalculable speed.
The temperature outside is beyond words.

If you look out your windows you will see
Many ruined cities and enduring seas
But if you wish to sleep please close the blinds.

My navigator has been ill for many years
And we are on Automatic Pilot; regrettably
I cannot forsee our ultimate destination.

Have a pleasant trip.
You may smoke, you may drink, you may dance
You may die.
We may even land oneday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was my favorite poem a teenager, and over the years I lost it, and forgot it, today 10 years later, I thought of it and found it here. I never ever knew who actually wrote it.Thank you very much.

Anonymous said...

i lurrrv this poem soy much