Tuesday, May 8, 2007

An Excerpt from "This Lullaby"

Author: Sarah Dessen - Page: 260

Remy: "What's with the camera?"
Dexter: "Defective shipment. Somebody at the main office left the box out in the sun, so they're all warped. Management said we could have them if we wanted them. Kind of like the tangerines, you know. Can't turn down free stuff."
Remy: "But will the pictures even come out?"
Dexter: "Don't know. They might or they might not."

Remy: "They won't. The film's probably ruined from the heat."
Dexter: "Or maybe it isn't. Maybe it's just fine. We won't know until we develop it."
Remy: "But it's probably a total waste. Why bother?"
Dexter: "That's the big question, isn't it? That's the whole problem here. I think they just might come out. Maybe they won't be perfect - I mean, they could be blurred, or cut off int he middle - but I'm thinking it's worth a shot. That's just me, though.
Remy: (Thinking) "Maybe he would print out the pictures and find them perfect: my face, my feet, Joie rising up behind me. Or maybe it would just be black, void of light, not even an outline of a face or figure visible. That was the problem, after all. I wouldn't waste the time on such odds, while he jumped to them. People like Dexter followed risks the way dogs followed smells, thinking only of what could lie ahead and never logically of what probably did. It was good we were friends, and only that. If even that. We never would have lasted. Not a chance.

I got his little metaphor.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

cheryl !..<33 this looks awsome !..<3 ..=O .squee i am even in it .*feels special*

Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.