Thursday, May 17, 2007

"Looking Closely" by Thúy Vi

[Tú] is a majestic creature, yet holds a touch of
catastrophe.
She is a rainbow, but one is rewarded with her
vicious side, as one roams to find the pot of gold.
My friend is a wrap in a delicious candy, but when open,
she is monstrous. So bitter.
Tiny to caress, easy to vex, she's tense.
From Vietnam, chasing the path to Rome, far off
in space to Venus.
She is [one of the] many people who look
approachable.
But in the monotonous and cheating world, in this
reality, in the human race,
people are all not what they seem.
Tables turn.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Acck my poem is so embarassing.XP I suck sdo much with those words, lol. Plus it's negative. -hi5 Cheryl- We are so good at negative poems, lol.^_^

Anonymous said...

Oh my. I thought I knew you...