Monday, September 10, 2007

Picking Apart the Lines [Featuring Thúy Vi!]

My friend Thúy Vi. ;D This is a cool picture of her, even though she's giving me that "what the heck do you think you're doing?" look.
-hides-
But really.
I'll get the grass done soon.
And and.
My homework.
Which I didn't do tonight.
D: D:
But yeah.
ONTO POETRY!
Picking Apart the Lines

I read it once.
Feel the emotions swell,
a smile adorning my face.

I read it again,
just to enjoy the rush
one more time.

Each line I store away
inside my mind
where I can enjoy it further.

In it's original state,
it remains whole and pure,
untainted.

But then the voice is heard.
"Now analyze this poem
and tell me what devices
they used to symbolize this
meaning and what..."

I block it out,
that horrible sound.
It's ruining it!

My heart cracking,
I pick away the beautiful lines.
Simile. Metaphor. Imagery.

Were they really thinking this?
When they wrote this masterpiece,
did they say. "I want to write imagery now."

To me, it will always remain
exactly as it is
And mean exactly what it says.

No separation needed.

Poetry.

No comments: