Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Quotes from Quotationspage.com xD

Memory feeds imagination.
Amy Tan

Even the best of friends need time apart.
Mark Heath

You only live once - but if you work it right, once is enough.
Joe E. Lewis

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.
Leo Tolstoy

We cannot deny the facts of nature, but we should certainly try to improve on them.
Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi

The world wants to be deceived.
Sebastian Brant

I give myself, sometimes, admirable advice, but I am incapable of taking it.
Mary Montagu

If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves.
Thomas A. Edison

I am certain there is too much certainty in the world.
Michael Crichton

It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing.
Seneca

Every portrait that is painted with feeling is a portrait of the artist, not of the sitter.
Oscar Wilde

Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you're scared.
Eddie Rickenbacker

Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have rushed through life trying to save.
Will Rogers

The only place you will be accepted is the place you make for yourself.
Holly Lisle,

It's a funny thing about life; if you refuse to accept anything but the best, you very often get it.
W. Somerset Maugham

The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary; men alone are quite capable of every wickedness.
Joseph Conrad

The human mind treats a new idea the same way the body treats a strange protein; it rejects it.
P. B. Medawar

I look to the future because that's where I'm going to spend the rest of my life.
George Burns

A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is braver five minutes longer.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The cause is hidden. The effect is visible to all.
Ovid

Sometimes when I am driving I get so angry at inconsiderate drivers that I want to scream at them. But then I remember how insignificant that is, and I thank God that I have a car and my health and gas. That was phrased wrong - normally you wouldn't say, thank God I have gas.
Ellen DeGeneres

Nobody got anywhere in the world by simply being content.
Louis L'Amour


The more laws and order are made prominent,
The more thieves and robbers there will be.
Lao-tzu

Honesty pays, but it doesn't seem to pay enough to suit some people.
Kin Hubbard

Treat a man as he appears to be, and you make him worse. But treat a man as if he were what he potentially could be, and you make him what he should be.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

A good novel tells us the truth about its hero; but a bad novel tells us the truth about its author.
G. K. Chesterton

If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace.
John Lennon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Either way, I am sure that the ceremony organizers
will have something special in store for us that will grab our attention to keep us watching.
Take a walking tour around London to explore in greater detail.
It gives you a perfect way of experiencing the best of London
dating spree which is elegant, with some of the best gay dating spots in the world, where
you feel free, relaxed, appreciated and most importantly, enjoy good company.


Feel free to surf to my web-site - flat to rent london